Vinyl records were incredibly popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s and rapidly faded away after CDs and mp3s wandered onto the scene. However, just like the fanny packs and bell bottoms of the past have come back into style, vinyl is experiencing an amazing resurgence. If you are intimidated by the rows and rows of vinyl at your local record store, fear not! It’s never too late to start your vinyl collection.
7 Reasons It’s Never Too Late to Start Your Vinyl Collection
- Vinyl records have a particular warmth and purity that doesn’t come through on Spotify. You might be surprised at the difference between the two when you compare.
- Listening to Vinyl allows you to experience albums the way the artist intended them to be heard. CDs and mp3s allow for skipping tracks and for listening out of order. Since albums are created to be listened to from start to finish, vinyl facilitates the full audio experience, compared to listening to a single.
- Starting a vinyl collection is a lot of fun! The hunt for the records you’re looking for is half of the fun and experience, and spending afternoons flipping through records, in a used record store, is an almost-extinct activity worth reviving.
- Album covers are a lost art, and album covers from vinyl’s heyday are gorgeous works of art. With particularly stunning album covers, the art might get more attention than the actual music!
- A great vinyl collection, just like a great book collection, can also become a great conversation starter at a party.
- Vinyl records allow you to discover music that you never would have encountered otherwise. The overwhelming number of songs and playlists available online can actually deter listeners from trying to discover new music. In contrast, vinyl record stores are a perfect place for finding new favorites and hidden treasures.
- The vinyl community is international and continually growing. By starting a vinyl collection, you will have the opportunity to make plenty of new friends throughout the globe.
Professional Cleaning to Preserve Your Vinyl Collection from “The Vinyl Revivers”
“The Vinyl Revivers” brings records back to life so that your vinyl collection will keep you tapping your feet for years to come. We offer a range of vinyl cleaning services including a simple cleaning for one LP, an annual subscription of ultimate cleanings for your entire record collection and more. Our record cleaning process is thorough and designed to offer the best clean possible. For more information on our cleaning services, call us today at (301) 848-4100.