Tonearm – The RB220 tonearm is packed with groundbreaking new features designed to enhance performance and make setup extremely simple. The RB220 incorporates Rega designed ultra-low friction bearings (Patent Pending), housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing. This was developed with a new ‘ factory preset bias’ which negates the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega’s latest custom aluminium arm tube.
Hub bearing – The Planar 2 has a new 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
Plinth – High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. Three plinth finishes available, high gloss black, white or red.
Motor – New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
Platter – New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
Other features :
- Re-designed feet – New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge – supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience.
- Motor cover tray – with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors – supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions – Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up.
- Packaging – New improved packaging.
Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
Planar 2 BLACK GTIN 5056186702103
Planar 2 RED GTIN 5056186702196
Planar 2 WHITE GTIN 50561867022
Reviews & Awards:
HI-FI NEWS Outstanding Product Feb 2018
Read The WHAT-Hi-Fi? Planar 2 review here
Read the full Hi-Fi Choice review
Hi-Fi Choice group test Oct 16
Read the full ear.net review
The Vinyl Factory Planar 2 review September 2016
Planar 2 Quick start guide (multilingual)