It is a proven fact that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer the possibility of improving sound quality, we designed our linear power supply Power Box DS Sources. It significantly enhances the sound quality of up to six Box Design components, like streamers, CD players, preamplifiers and also offers the possibility to connect a DC-driven turntable.
A linear power supply consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all power needs. Sound staging, darkness of silent backgrounds and small detail resolution will improve strongly and contribute to a far better overall performance of each component.
Six standard connection cables are included in delivery. Special high-end super shielded connection cables in these lengths are available on request: 20cm, 40cm, 80cm, 1m.
- Purest & cleanest power using non-switching power supply
- 5 Box Design component & 1 turntable power output
- Not suitable for integrated & power amplifiers, receivers etc
- Soft start system avoids current inrush in primary winding
- Audio type toroidal transformer
- Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
- Secondary voltage rectification with precise regulation
- High filtration capacity (10.000 μF)
- Low ESR capacitors
- Low noise components with surge protection
- Available in black or silver
To see the full line of Pro-ject turntables, visit our partner site, The Vinyl Revivers.