Linear power supply consists of a big toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding which acts as an isolation transformer and avoids penetration of interference from mains into amplifier. This transformer has a big power reserve, compared to a standard power adaptors. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage required power of one stereo amplifier or two mono amplifiers. Advice: To avoid magnetic interference do not stack amplifier and Power Box RS Amp!
Every amplifier, also digital ones, are sensitive to the good quality of energy they are powered with. It is proven by extensive listening tests, that linear power supplies improve the sound of digital amplifiers significantly. This is what all well known high-end manufacturers already realized.
- Suitable for Pro-Ject Audio Systems power amplifiers
- Replaces original “switching” power supplies
- Almost double amplifier power output combined with Amp Box RS, Amp Box DS & Stereo Box RS (2x 200/120 watts 4/8 ohms)
- Significant sound improvement with better dynamic and bass response, improved soundstage
- Compatible with Amp Box RS, Amp Box RS Mono, Stereo Box RS but also with Amp Box DS or Amp Box DS Mono
- Big toroidal transformer with copper shielding
- Very low output impedance
- Filtration capability 40.000 uF capacitors low ESR types
- Available in black or silver. Please allow for a 6-12 week lead time on all special orders
To see the full line of Pro-ject turntables, visit our partner site, The Vinyl Revivers.